The One with All the News!
Okay… so, I’ve been terrible about updating this blog with everything that’s going on, but that’s only because SO MUCH is going on! It’s late, so I’m going to try and re-cap this all as quickly as possible, but it’s entirely possible I might ramble on about all the amazingness. And I will likely overdo the gifs as always. If I do… well.. too bad. 🙂
1. LOSING IT is doing so well! It’s still high on the charts on B&N and it’s broken the top ten on Amazon! Whooo-hoo! Thank you all so much for your support! Seriously…
2. I signed with an agent! And not just any agent, no! I signed with the awesomepants/amazingpants/allthepants super agent Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary!
I’m am so incredibly excited to be a part of the New Leaf family, and Suzie has been my dream agent ever since I wrote my first manuscript years ago (Thanks Poli-sci class for providing me ample writing time). Everyone has been so enthusiastic and supportive, and I couldn’t be happier. What this means for LOSING IT: The book is currently being shopped with a few traditional publishers, and the New Leaf team will also be representing/shopping foreign and film rights for the book. Some of you may have noticed that it’s no longer for sale on Amazon outside the U.S. I apologize. This was a necessary step to begin pursuing foreign rights sales. I promise though to keep you updated of future sales! This new step in my career means great things for both me and my books!
3. On the SAME DAY that I signed with Suzie “Allthepants” Townsend, I also found out that LOSING IT was ranked at #30 on this week’s USA TODAY Bestseller List!
4. As if that wasn’t amazing enough, that SAME NIGHT, Suzie and the New Leaf team called to tell me that they’d seen an early list of the New York Times Bestsellers List (for the week of Nov. 4th), AND I WAS ON IT. I WAS ON IT AT #15 for the eBook bestseller list AND #18 FOR COMBINED PRINT/EBOOK! Holy heart attack, Batman! I think I screamed Suzie’s ear off on the phone!
5. Okay… so I don’t really have a number five. But I just like it when things come in fives. 😀 So, I’ll just say that it has been a whirlwind of a week. Seriously, I think there have been more major OMG moments this week than the last ten years of my life combined. And I have you all to thank for it! I have to thank the amazing bloggers that have posted reviews or features or participated in the blog tour. I have to thank my readers who have talked to me on Twitter or Facebook or sent emails (Seriously, I know I’m behind on answering you all, but I read every one, and they fill my heart with such joy). Thank you also for recommending the book to your friends– best compliment ever! I have to thank family and friends, who encouraged me when I decided to self-publish. This has become so much bigger than any of us could have imagined. I just love you all! I LOVE THE WORLD (which for someone whose natural sense of humor is more bitter than black coffee… that is huge)!
So thank you all! I promise future updates as things move forward!
In Awkward <3,
Confessions Of A First Time Writer
October 27, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Congrats- that is SERIOUSLY amazing!!! I loved the book and think the next time I adopt a cat, I am definitely going to have to name her Hamlet. That part still makes me laugh!
October 27, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Aww! Thank you! I’m all about literary names for pets! Most of my pets over the years have had Harry Potter themed names. 🙂
October 27, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Congratulations! You definately derserve it! Losing it was fantastic and have recommended it to all my friends! I loved the fact it encompassed everything that keeps me hooked! The humour, the love, the heart ache, the hope, the grumpy pet and the hope! Thankyou again and good luck in all your future projects! Enjoy the ride!
October 27, 2012 at 6:53 AM
I’m sure that soon enough we’re going to be able to buy Losing It in bookstores! Congrats on making it to the USA Today and NYT bestseller lists!
October 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Hey! Welcome to the New Leaf family, and congratulations on all your well-earned achievements!
October 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
So many amazing news! SUPER CONGRATS!
October 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I am so happy for you! *passes out cupcakes to everyone for a massive dance party*
October 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Congrats! That’s all AMAZING news!! And it’s all well deserved, Losing It has been one of my absolute favorite reads lately 🙂
October 28, 2012 at 6:11 AM
That is all amazeballs, congratulations. So well deserved.
October 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Congratulations, Cora! 🙂
October 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Please tell me it will be available for international readers ASAP, it’s so frustrating reading reviews from people with access to the book.
October 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I just finished Losing It. Such a GREAT book! Please, hurry and write more so I can keep reading your great work! Best wishes!
October 31, 2012 at 12:16 AM
We’re working on it! The agency I signed with has an AMAZING foreign rights director. Of course, things have gotten a bit complicated because of Hurricane Sandy. They’re not able to go into the office right now because mass transit is down. Stay tuned here though, and I’ll keep you updated!
November 1, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I just finished losing it yesterday and absolutely love it! will you be writing a second book with these characters?
November 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Congrats! Ahh Losing It is so amazing I can’t wait to get my hands on it literally! 😀
May 16, 2017 at 1:43 AM
Needed to put you one little bit of word in order to say thank you once again about the pleasing ideas you have contributed above. It’s so strangely open-handed of you to provide freely all that some people might have marketed as an e book in making some profit for their own end, mostly considering that you could possibly have done it in the event you wanted. These secrets likewise served as a fantastic way to realize that many people have a similar passion really like my own to realize more regarding this matter. I know there are a lot more pleasant sessions in the future for many who view your website.
May 23, 2017 at 2:02 AM
Great web site. A lot of helpful info here. I?¦m sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks on your sweat!
May 23, 2017 at 2:12 PM
You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will suggest this website!
May 25, 2017 at 2:47 AM
I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…